Awnings are exceptional shading materials that provide shade to the exterior spaces of your home, restaurants, etc. Before we discuss the benefits, these are the various kinds of awnings available in stores:
- Automatic: These awnings are auto adjustable and compatible with all spaces since they run on guides.
- Fixed: It is best used for residences on higher floors since they are attached to guide bars. For example, Dutch hood window awnings.
- Retractable: Retractable awnings are perfect for outdoor patios, which can be extended or retracted as the situation sees fit. These awnings are available in both manual and automatic variants.
- Veranda: Veranda awnings are operated with pulleys and protect from the harsh sun while providing privacy. What’s more, it is visually appealing. For example, Canvas window awnings
- Straight drop: These awnings are a popular alternative to the Veranda. It can be used for outdoor decks, patios, etc.
- Heavy drop: These awnings have a European appeal to them. It is available in both manual and automatic variants.
Benefits of installing awnings for your home
- Window protection
Awnings provide excellent weather protection to the windows and exteriors of homes. Harsh sun, rough winds, thunderstorms, hailstorms are some of the rough weather conditions awnings can protect your windows and home from. The best awning for homeowners in rough weather areas is straight drop awnings. They can be manual or automated with the help of motors. Automated awnings are highly efficient in quickly opening up and providing protection.
Apart from offering excellent window protection, awnings can also help insulate the interiors. They are instrumental in keeping the indoors cooler in the hot summers by blocking unnecessary sunlight. Blinds are only helpful to an extent. If the window heats up, the house will ultimately heat up too. Awnings block out sunlight before it touches the windows. This way, the house remains cool.
Contrary to what people think, awnings are very easy to maintain since they barely require maintenance. You do not have to keep cleaning them to make them look visually appealing. Awnings are easy to take care of. If they ever require cleaning, washing them down with a hosepipe is good enough. Once in a while, we suggest using a sponge and soap water to scrub it before you wash it with water. Awnings are also very durable against harsh weather conditions. Vibrant as they are, they do not fade or crack from ardent exposure.
Not only are awnings highly efficient and functional at what they do, but also they are very decorative. Available in various colour themes and materials such as canvas and acrylic, awnings can amp up the style factor.Awnings will also increase your home’s value. If you ever decide to sell it, you will receive maximized returns.
Awnings are an excellent way to give your home an enclosure to protect it from external elements such as sudden winds or falling leaves to name a few. It is not only for homes on the ground floor. Homes with balconies on higher floors can use awnings to their benefit too.